Hearthstone Morgan 8470 - Not Available*
No Longer Available from Obadiah's.
The Morgan 8470 wood burning fireplace insert is hand-crafted in Vermont by Hearthstone and is designed to provide functional heat for a medium space straight from a fireplace and with its thick soapstone panels that line the inside of the firebox, the unit will be warm long after the fire has gone out. The Hearthstone 8470 wood-fired insert also has generous depth and width allowing for loading wood up to 18” long to provide a strong burn time of up to 8 hours.
**Obadiah's does not offer Hearthstone products any longer.
- Photos (2)
- Extended Info
- Videos (5)
- Add Review
*PRODUCT NOT AVAILABLE - this page is for informational purposes only.
This stunning wood burning insert, the Morgan 8470 is in the Hearthstone Select Collection of soapstove stoves. Hearthstone has also incorporated into this beauty the benefits of advanced wood burning technology - without the cost and maintenance of a catalytic converter - to produce large amounts of heat and be clean burning beibg EPA certified. Morgan 8470: warmth plus style!
- 1.7 cubic foot firebox holds up to 36 lbs of wood
- Firebox soapstone-lined to ensure longer HeatLife (TM)
- Large front door allows logs up to 18” in length for easy loading
- Steel door system with steel door latch
- Reversible door can be opened from the left hand side or the right
- Single Air intake – stove control is easy and can produce more consistent heat
- Unmatched fire viewing – flame/light present from gases ignited off the burning wood by a secondary air tube, even with low burning rate
- Non-catalytic combustion system – complete combustion which equals 1) greater efficiency; more heat from less wood, and 2) clean burning; reduced smoke and creosote build-up
- Temperature controlled, variable speed convection blower to help spread heat evenly throughout the home with included rheostat to control the fan speed
- Removable baffle and secondary air plenum allow flue cleaning without moving the insert
- Front-Aft 2 position flue collar for installation flexibility
- Depth adjusting surrounds for unit to fit more fireplaces
- Leveling legs to adjust after installation in the fireplace
- Mantle Heat Shield reduces clearance requirements allowing more placement options
- Screen for open-door fire viewing and listening
- Surrounds caps to fill for raised firebox installations or simply to beautify
Black anodized aluminum surround extension (35”H X 52-1/4”W)
|Specifications||Morgan 8470 Wood Insert|
|Heats up to||1,200 sq. ft.|
|Burn Time||Up to 8 hours|
|Heat Life||Up to 10 hours|
|EPA Rating||4.3 grams per hour|
|Width (without surround)||24-1/8"|
|Depth (includes ash lip)||19-1/2"|
|Maximum Log Length||18"|
|Firebox Capacity||1.7 cu. ft.|
|Convection Blower||Factory Installed, Standard|
|Surround Size w/surround extensions||35H x 52-1/4" W|
|Surround Size||29H x 40-1/4" W|
|Actual Weight (lbs.)||349|
|Mobile Home Certified||No|
|Optional Mantle Shield Kit||Yes|
|Minimum fireplace dimensions|
|Width at Front||25"|
|Width at Rear||19-1/2"|
|Depth of Lintel||9" (maximum)|
|Clearances (Combustible Surface)|
|Top of Insert to Mantle or Top Trim||34"|
|Top of Insert to Mantle with Shield Kit||22"|
|Side of Insert to Side Wall||13"|
|Side of Insert to Side Trim||3"|
|Minimum Size (US)||36" W x 16 " D|
|Minimum Size (Canada)||92 cm x 46 cm|
|Accessories Description||Hearthstone SKU|
|DRAFT METER: WOODSTOVES||90-99000|
|Matte Black Spray Paint||90-58110|
|SURROUND EXT, MORGAN||94-5970010|
HearthStone Morgan EPA Wood Insert Shown in Black
This unit not available for purchase.
A large freight truck (18-wheeler up to 60' long) is standard on all deliveries. If you need a smaller truck, please call our office (406) 300-1776 to request a smaller truck size. Note: an upcharge may apply for small trucks.
Please inquire with our sales staff if you have specific shipping needs such as international, freight terminal and/or business deliveries or if you need a smaller truck size. Click here to see Obadiah's Shipping Terms.
- Obadiah's offer's a 20% discount and free shipping on most complete chimney systems. Contact our chimney specialists for an exact quote.
Be sure to check out our newly improved Cookstove Community website cookstoves.net; the best place online to connect with other cookstove users over stoves, self-sufficient living, alternative energy, and more! Take a look at our selection of videos, articles, and photos, and be sure to visit the forums to connect with like-minded folks from all over.
For help choosing and installing a wood boiler, see the links and posts below.
Chimney Liner Installation - Chimneys 101
Chimney Liner Installation Part I - Preparing the Liner
Chimney Liner Installation Part 2 - Inserting the Liner
Chimney Liner Installation Part 3 - Connecting the Liner & Damper Insulation
Chimney Liner Installation Part 4 - Final Touches