Glenwood 7030 Residential Wood/Coal/Oil Boiler
The Wood only model and the Biomass Attachment cannot be sold at this time for residential applications. Once the unit has been EPA tested and approved, sales will resume. For more information on 2016 NSPS EPA regulations, click here.
The Glenwood 7030 Multi Fuel Boiler is unique in several ways. Few boilers offer the flexibility to burn so many types of wood, waste oils, or fuel oil. Built to commercial industrial standards from ¼” boiler plate steel, each corner is beveled and double welded. All Glenwood’s are pressurized and do not require water storage. They burn much the way a modern EPA woodstove burns, clean and efficiently. Instead of defying physics to achieve a clean burn relying on computers, sensors and blowers, pushing the combustion process downward into a separate combustion chamber, which is prone to eventual failures. With models from 100,000 to 1,000,000 BTU’s, Glenwood has you covered.
- Photos (32)
- Videos (8)
- Add Review
For over 30 years, Glenwood Heating has been building commercial and agricultural boilers that are capable of filling a wide variety of roles in the Anabaptist heartland in Lancaster, PA. The Glenwood Boilers are built to industrial standards and severe duty to stand up to the rigors of hard use, day in and day out. Glenwood’s have a reputation for being tough well built boilers and carry a 20 year warranty to back it up. Designed and engineered to burn just about any dry organic biomass material, a Glenwood Biomass Boiler will burn Cord Wood, Pressed Wood Cubes, Processed Wood Blocks, Waste Wood Blocks, Pressed Logs, Rolled Up Newspapers, Cardboard Blocks, Corn Cobs, Fodder, All Kinds of Coal, Dried Horse Manure, Dried Cow Pies, Trash, Waste Oil, Cooking Oil, Heavy Oil, #1, #2, #3, Fuel Oils.
The Glenwood 7030 Multi Fuel Boilers are unique in that they are truly the most versatile boiler on the market, priced to also be the best value in clean burning efficient waste oil burning boilers. If your looking for a solution to your heating or waste disposal needs, Obadiah's and Glenwood will help you find it through our custom engineering abilities. Obadiah’s is the exclusive distributor of this product and dealerships are available. Contact us for more details.
Click here for Single Line PEX Pipe
Click here for Dual Line PEX Pipe
The Glenwood 7030 Multi Fuel Boiler
- Pressure Release Valve
- Temperature/Pressure Gauge
- High Limit Safety Control
- Electronic Draft and Burner Controls
- Individually Adjustable Legs
- Smoke Bypass Keeps Smoke Out of the Building While Tending Fire
- Inspection Opening Allows Monitoring of the Fire Without Opening Any Doors
- Thermostatically Controlled Draft Blower Aids In Complete Combustion
- Automatic Draft Box Controls Combustion Air
- Water-Lined Firebox provides Maximum Heat Transfer
- Insulated Heat Exchanger Access Door For Easy Servicing
- Fin-Type Secondary Heat Exchanger For Highly Efficient Heat Transfer
- Large Insulated Firebox Door
- ¼” boiler plate steel, each corner is beveled and double welded.
- Insulation Panels to Minimize Heat Loss* (Removable Access Panel)
- Domestic Coil For An Endless Supply of Hot Water
- Shaking Grate, With External Shaker Lever, To Burn the Fuel of Choice
- Ash Pan for Convenient Ash Removal**
- Highly Efficient Beckett Oil Burner
- Water-Lined Combustion Chamber Providing Rapid Heat Exchange and Isolate the Oil Burner From the Contaminates Emitted By the Wood Fire*
* - Standard With Oil Back Up
** - With Optional Grate
- The Glenwood Boilers offers the best boilers with the best warranty in the industry, hands down. Some manufactures offer a "Limited Lifetime Warranty" but when you read them you will find they are really "Pro Rated Warranty" some are barely worth the paper they are written on. Only Glenwood offers a NON PRO RATED 20 YR WARRANTY ! The closest you will find is a "5 yr Bumper to Bumper with a 25 yr Pro Rated Warranty" from Econoburn. Here is the Glenwood warranty for you to see for yourself, one simple page against rust through or failed welds.
|Specifications||Glenwood 7030 Coal/Oil Boiler|
|Coal Dimensions||55”L X 26.5”W X 51.5”H|
|With Oil Back-up Dimensions||75”L X 31”W X 52.5”H|
|Fire Box Dimensions||32”L X 19”W X 20”H|
|Door Size||15” X 15”|
|BTU Output Wood *not approved use of fuel*||135,000|
|BTU Output Coal||155,000|
|BTU Output Oil||175,000|
|Will Heat* (sq. ft.)||3,000|
|Supply and return Line Size||1.5”|
|Water Capacity (Gal.)||85|
|Coal Approximate Weight (lbs)||1600|
|With Oil Back-up Approximate Weight (lbs)||1700|
|Fuel||BTU's||Unit of Measurement|
There is a separate combustion chamber (for burning oil) mounted to the rear of the wood combustion chamber, which also has an internal door between the two combustion chambers isolating them when the wood is burning. This door slides open when the oil burner is used. On a waste oil configuration we change out the fuel oil burner for the waste oil burner and add an additional door so the waste oil burner can be opened and the soot cleaned out easily.
Glenwood boiler with wood combustion chamber on the front and oil chamber on the rear
There are two ways that one could burn waste oil in this boiler. The first and least expensive option is to add a waste oil burner to the front door of a wood burner and share the same firebox. Several of our competitors have their boilers set up this way. This set up requires that you remove all the wood from the firebox and ash when you want to burn oil instead of wood, otherwise the nozzle will plug with ash and not burn cleanly. For our customers that have winter homes and summer homes, this is not a problem. They run on wood while they are there and when they go to Florida for the winter, they run the waste oil system and do not switch back and forth. This saves them money. We do not offer this option.
Some of our customers would rather have the ability to switch back and forth without having to do anything. They prefer to have two thermostats and the boiler automatically switches back and forth. They can fill the boiler with wood and leave for work, if something happens and they can’t get back home in time to manually reload the wood, the boiler will automatically open a door between the wood firebox and the oil firebox, the oil burner with then automatically fire and the boiler will begin heating the structure. This requires the manufacturer to build the boiler with two separate fireboxes and a special door in-between the two that opens automatically when the oil burner fires. This is an expensive extra step in manufacturing of the boiler and adds to the cost we must charge for this option.
Pictured below shows the optional waste oil burner system showing all the additional steps that a waste oil burner must employ to work properly. Waste oil is heavier and requires a special pump and a preheater to warm the oil so it is thin enough to go through the nozzle. We replace the Beckett burner with this unit and mount it to a special door so it can be opened and cleaned for regular maintaince as all waste oil burners burn dirtier than fuel oil burners and create soot.
With AT-900 Biomass attachment installed
Firebox with refractory brick - (Does not come with Ash Pan or Grate)
Side of unit
Back of unit
Hog fuel difference
Perforated burn tray and auger
Rear plumbing hook up and rear heat exchanger clean out access
Secondary air inlets
Glenwood Multi-Fuel Biomass Boiler - History & Features of The Glenwood Boiler
Glenwood 7080 Multi-Fuel Biomass Boiler - System Overview
Glenwood 7080 Multi-Fuel Biomass Boiler - Construction & Warranty
Glenwood 7070 Multi-Fuel Biomass Boiler - Review and Firebox in Action
Glenwood 7070 Multi-Fuel Biomass Boiler - System Controls
Top Five Reasons We Choose Glenwood Boilers
Glenwood Boilers - Frequently Asked Questions
Glenwood Boilers - Wood & Gas Combo Boiler, and Auto Ignition