Hearthstone Shelburne 8371
This stunning woodstove, the Shelburne 8317, is in the Hearthstone Hergōm Cast Iron Collection - Hergōm being the Spanish foundry where every Hearthstone cast iron wood stove has its distinctive European beginnings. The Shelburne wood burning stove also has exclusive design features for complete combustion providing efficient, economical, safe and clean heat.
- Photos (4)
- Add Review
The Shelburne 8371 wood stove is hand-crafted in Vermont by Hearthstone and is manufactured with the most fundamental, yet elegant and timeless material – cast iron. Cast Iron woodstoves, an American and European favorite, are renowned for their superb heat conduction and remarkable resilience.
The Shelburne embossed cast iron stove with soapstone on the inside is built with classic good looks and modern heating technology. With abundant heating capacity and extended HeatLife, the Hearthstone 8317 is perfect for heating any midsize home and also offers an oversized self-cleaning window for great fire viewing!
- Firebox with soapstone refractory
- 2.0 cubic foot firebox, accepts up to 20” logs
- Single Air intake – stove control is easy and can produce more consistent heat
- Unmatched fire viewing – flame/light present from gases ignited off the burning wood by a secondary air tube, even with low burning rate
- Non-catalytic combustion system – complete combustion which equals 1) greater efficiency; more heat from less wood, and 2) clean burning; reduced smoke and creosote build-up
- Top or Rear flue collar flexible installation to install as a free standing unit or as a hearth stove
- Rear heat shield – allows more placement options by reducing clearance requirements, and creates a convection passageway between shield and back of stove to allow optional fan to circulate air through the house more effectively
- Fan with built-in thermostat and rheostat (rear heat shield required) – helps spread heat evenly throughout the home, fan only operates when the stove is at a significant heat level and the rheostat controls the fan
- Outside air adapter – provides improved efficiency in “airtight” homes and reduces cold drafts along the floor
The heat quality of stone is more even and comfortable than steel, cast iron or refractory bricks and and extends the HeatLife of a fire
|Specifications||Shelburne 8371 Wood Stove|
|Heats up to||1,800 sq. ft.|
|Burn Time||Up to 8 hours|
|Heat Life||Up to 10 hours|
|EPA Rating||2.1 grams per hour|
|Height (includes flue collar)||29"|
|Depth (includes flue collar)||21"|
|Maximum Log Length||20"|
|Firebox Capacity||2.0 cubic feet|
|Flue Exit & Diameter||45 degree exit 6" flue collar|
|Optional Blower Kit||Yes|
|Actual Weight (lbs.)||400|
|Mobile Home Certified||Yes|
|Clearances (With single wall pipe & no rear heat shield)|
|Clearances (With double-wall pipe & rear heat shield)|
|Minimum Size (US)||36" W x 45" D|
|Minimum Size (Canada)||91 cm x 119 cm|
|Accessories Description||Hearthstone SKU|
|3" Outside Air Adaptor||93-53700|
|Gloss Brown Spray Paint||90-58120|
|Matte Black Spray Paint||90-58110|
|REAR HEAT SHIELD, SHELBURNE||93-68700|
|TOUCH UP BROWN ENAMEL||90-58004N|
|TOUCH-UP, BASIL ENAMEL||90-58083|
Shelburne 8317 Features and Controls
|Shelburne - Matte Black||$2,559.00|
|Shelburne - Brown Enamel||$2,989.00|
|Shelburne - Basil Enamel||$2,989.00|
|Outside Air Kit||$189.00|
There is a a flat $300.00 shipping charge to locations in the continental U.S. Shipping rates vary for other locations. Call for details.
A large freight truck (18-wheeler up to 60' long) is standard on all deliveries. If you need a smaller truck, please call our office (406) 300-1776 to request a smaller truck size. Note: an upcharge may apply for small trucks.
Please inquire with our sales staff if you have specific shipping needs such as international, freight terminal and/or business deliveries or if you need a smaller truck size. Click here to see Obadiah's Shipping Terms.
- Obadiah's offer's a 20% discount and free shipping on most complete chimney systems. Contact our chimney specialists for an exact quote.