Hearthstone Homestead 8570H
No Longer Available from Obadiah's.
The Homestead Hearthmount 8570H wood stove is hand-crafted in Vermont by Hearthstone and is designed to provide heat for a midsize home all day on a single load of wood. With its unique design and soapstone panels, the Hearthstone 8570H stove is one of the most efficient woodstoves on the market.
Each stove is a complement of cast iron and hand-selected soapstone - making each Homestead beautifully unique!
- Photos (11)
- Extended Info
- Videos (1)
- Add Review
This stunning stove, the Homestead Freestanding 8570H, is in the Hearthstone Select Collection of soapstove stoves. Hearthstone has also incorporated into this beauty the benefits of advanced wood burning technology (without the cost and maintenance of a catalytic converter) to produce large amounts of heat and be clean burning. Homestead 8570H: warmth plus style!
- 2.0 Cubic foot firebox
- Large front door for easy loading of up to 21” logs
- Single Air intake – stove control is easy and can produce more consistent heat
- Reversible flue collar – top or rear exit stove pipe connection for freestanding or hearth-mount installation
- Non-catalytic combustion system – complete combustion which equals 1)greater efficiency; more heat from less wood, and 2)clean burning; reduced smoke and creosote build-up
- EPA certified
- Outside air adapter – provides improved efficiency in “airtight” homes and reduces cold drafts along the floor
- Rear heat shield – allows more placement options by reducing clearance requirements, and creates a convection passageway between shield and back of stove to allow optional fan to circulate air through the house more effectively
- Fan with built-in thermostat and rheostat (rear heat shield required) – helps spread heat evenly throughout the home, fan only operates when the stove is at a significant heat level and the rheostat controls the fan speed
- Surround for hearth-mount - reduces mantel and side clearance; enhances appearance; increases efficiency when Homestead is installed in an existing fireplace.
Soapstone Finish - Polished Gray
About Soapstone Stoves:
The firebox of a soapstone stove is actually constructed of stone - soapstone holds and radiates heat but also has the benefit of being able to withstand direct flames indefinitely. The stove’s top, back and sides are made of thick pieces of stone forming the interior and exterior wall of the stove.
The heat quality of stone is more even and comfortable than steel, cast iron or refractory bricks and the surface temperature is safer in that it does not get as hot.
In addition, natural patterns in soapstone are beautiful and that beauty transfers to the attractive uniqueness of each stove and high temperatures only deepens the stone’s rich color.
Soapstone stoves crafted by Hearthstone use a combination of materials maximizing the benefits of each to deliver warmth plus beauty.
|Specifications||Hearthmount 8570H Wood Stove|
|Heats up to||1,800 sq. ft.|
|Burn Time||Up to 8 hours|
|Heat Life||Up to 12 hours|
|EPA Rating||1.9 grams per hour|
|Height with 4" legs (includes flue collar)||25.5"|
|Depth (includes flue collar)||19"|
|Maximum Log Length||21"|
|Firebox Capacity||2.0 cubic feet|
|Flue Exit & Diameter||Top or rear exit, Reversible, 6" oval-to-round flue collar|
|Optional Blower Kit||Yes|
|Actual Weight (lbs.)||380|
|Mobile Home Certified||Yes|
|Minimum Size (US)||41" W x 41" D|
|Minimum Size (Canada)||110 cm x 115 cm|
- Homestead Hearthmount Model has 4" short legs and ships with Compact Oval to Round Adaptor.
- Optional Surround may not be used with the blower.
Photo of Homestead 8570 Hearth Model (to show black enamel color finish)
Photo of Homestead 8570 Hearth Model (to show matte black color finish)
Photo of Homestead 8570 Hearth Model (to show seafoam enamel color finish)
|Homestead Hearth Mount - Matte Black||$2,799.00|
|Homestead Hearth Mount - Brown Enamel||$3,199.00|
|Outside Air Kit||$229.00|
|Optional Surround 43-1/2" x 32"||$359.00|
|Compact Oval to Round (Ships with 8570-H)||$129.00|
|Leg Conversion Kit to 8570-F - Matte Black||$169.00|
|Leg Conversion Kit to 8570-F - Brown Enamel||$239.00|
There is a a flat $335.00 shipping charge to locations in the continental U.S. Shipping rates vary for other locations. Call for details.
A large freight truck (18-wheeler up to 60' long) is standard on all deliveries. If you need a smaller truck, please call our office (406) 300-1776 to request a smaller truck size. Note: an upcharge may apply for small trucks.
Please inquire with our sales staff if you have specific shipping needs such as international, freight terminal and/or business deliveries or if you need a smaller truck size. Click here to see Obadiah's Shipping Terms.
- Obadiah's offer's a 20% discount and free shipping on most complete chimney systems. Contact our chimney specialists for an exact quote.
Be sure to check out our newly improved Cookstove Community website cookstoves.net; the best place online to connect with other cookstove users over stoves, self-sufficient living, alternative energy, and more! Take a look at our selection of videos, articles, and photos, and be sure to visit the forums to connect with like-minded folks from all over.
For help choosing and installing a wood boiler, see the links and posts below.
Hearthstone Homestead Wood Stove Product Review