Hearthstone Equinox 8000
The Equinox 8000 wood stove is hand-crafted in Vermont by Hearthstone and is designed to heat large spaces - providing years of comfortable heat. Each stove is a complement of cast iron and hand-selected soapstone - making each Equinox beautifully unique!
- Photos (1)
- Add Review
This stunning stove, the Equinox 8000, is in the Hearthstone Select Collection of soapstove stoves. Hearthstone has also incorporated into this beauty the benefits of advanced wood burning technology (without the cost and maintenance of a catalytic converter) to produce large amounts of heat and be clean burning. Equinox 8000: warmth plus style!
- 4.0 cubic foot firebox – load logs through front door or side door
- Single air intake – stove control is easy and can produce more consistent heat
- Open/close ash grate and removable ash drawer – clean easy ash removal even while fire is burning
- Unmatched fire viewing – flame/light present from gases ignited off the burning wood by a secondary air tube, even with low burning rate
- Non-catalytic combustion system – complete combustion = 1) greater efficiency; more heat from less wood, 2)clean burning; reduced smoke and creosote build-up
- Reversible flue collar – stove can be installed as freestanding unit or as a hearth stove
- 8” flue – provides the required draft for this large capacity stove
- Outside air adapter – 1) provides improved efficiency in airtight homes, 2) reduces cold drafts along the floor
- Rear heat shield – 1) allows more placement options by reducing clearance requirements, 2) creates a convection passageway between shield and back of stove to allow optional fan to circulate air through the house more effectively
- Fan with built-in thermostat and rheostat (rear heat shield required) – helps spread heat evenly throughout the home, fan only operates when the stove is at a significant heat level and the rheostat controls the fan speed up to 200 CFM
- Spark screen – allows open door fire viewing
- Right or left side door option – allows flexibility during installation
- Side door lock kit – reduces side hearth clearance from 16 to 3 1/8
About Soapstone Stoves:
The firebox of a soapstone stove is actually constructed of stone - soapstone holds and radiates heat but also has the benefit of being able to withstand direct flames indefinitely. The stove’s top, back and sides are made of thick pieces of stone forming the interior and exterior wall of the stove.
The heat quality of stone is more even and comfortable than steel, cast iron or refractory bricks and the surface temperature is safer in that it does not get as hot.
In addition, natural patterns in soapstone are beautiful and that beauty transfers to the attractive uniqueness of each stove and high temperatures only deepens the stone’s rich color.
Soapstone stoves crafted by Hearthstone use a combination of materials maximizing the benefits of each to deliver warmth plus beauty.
|Specifications||Equinox 8000 Wood Stove|
|Heats up to||3,500 sq. ft.|
|Burn Time||Up to 12 hours|
|Heat Life||Up to 16 hours|
|EPA Rating||3.0 grams per hour|
|Efficiency||82% (Low Heating Value)|
|Height (includes flue collar)||30 5/8 "|
|Maximum Log Length||25"|
|Firebox Capacity||4.0 cubic feet|
|Flue Exit||Top or Rear|
|Flue Exit & Diameter||Top or rear exit 8" flue collar|
|Optional Blower Kit||Yes|
|Actual Weight (lbs.)||689|
|Mobile Home Certified||Yes|
|Clearances (With single wall pipe & no rear heat shield)|
|Clearances (With double-wall pipe & rear heat shield)|
|Corner||13 1/2 "|
|Minimum Size (US)||48" W x 41 1/2 " D|
|Minimum Size (Canada)||143 cm x 122 cm|
|Accessories||Equinox 8000 Wood Stove|
|3" Outside Air Adaptor||93-53500|
|Convection Blower: 8000||90-57502|
|DRAFT METER: WOODSTOVES||90-99000|
|Matte Black Spray Paint||90-58110|
|Rear Heat Shield kit, EQX||90-68000|
|Side Door Lock Kit, EQX||90-70200|
|Spark Screen kit, EQX||90-69000|
|Equinox - Left Side Loaded - Matte Black||$3,999.00|
|Equinox - Right Side Loaded - Matte Black||$3,999.00|
|Side Door Lock Kit||$39.00|
|Outside Air Kit||$89.00|
This product qualifies for free residential delivery with lift gate service within the lower 48 states. A large freight truck (18-wheeler up to 60' long) is standard on all deliveries. If you need a smaller truck, please call our office (406) 300-1776 to request a smaller truck size. Note: an upcharge may apply for small trucks.
All Retail Prices Include: Residential, curbside delivery via freight truck with a lift gate is included for shipping in the Continental U.S.A. (some exceptions may apply). Please inquire with our sales staff if you have specific shipping needs such as international, freight terminal and/or business deliveries or if you need a smaller truck size. Click here to see Obadiah's Shipping Terms.
- Obadiah's offer's a 20% discount and free shipping on most complete chimney systems. Contact our chimney specialists for an exact quote.