Hearthstone Clydesdale 8491
No Longer Available from Obadiah's.
The Clydesdale 8491 wood burning fireplace insert is hand-crafted in Vermont by Hearthstone and is designed to heat a large space straight from a fireplace and with its thick soapstone panels that line the inside of the firebox, the unit will be warm long after the fire has gone out. The Hearthstone 8491 wood-fired insert has generous depth and width allowing for loading wood up to 22” long to provide a strong burn time of up to 10 hours.
- Photos (9)
- Extended Info
- Videos (5)
- Add Review
This stunning wood burning insert, the Clydesdale 8491, is in the Hearthstone Hergōm Cast Iron Collection - Hergōm being the Spanish foundry where every Hearthstone cast iron wood stove has its distinctive European beginnings. Hearthstone has also incorporated into this beauty the benefits of advanced wood burning technology - without the cost and maintenance of a catalytic converter - to produce large amounts of heat and be clean burning being EPA certified. Clydesdale 8491: warmth plus style!
- The Hearthstone Clydesdale 8491 Wood Insert heats up to 2,000 sq.ft.
- 2.4 cubic foot firebox holds up to 48 lbs of wood
- Firebox soapstone-lined to ensure longer HeatLife (TM)
- Large front door allows logs up to 22” in length for easy loading
- Solid cast-iron with improved door handle and latch
- Reversible door can be opened from the left hand side or the right
- Three piece surround
- Single Air intake – stove control is easy and can produce more consistent heat
- Unmatched fire viewing –large glass door allows unobstructed view of the entire firebox while flame/light is present from gases ignited off the burning wood by a secondary air tube, even with low burning rate
- Non-catalytic combustion system – complete combustion which equals 1) greater efficiency; more heat from less wood, and 2) clean burning; reduced smoke and creosote build-up
- Quieter convection blower system mounted in rubber bushings with easy access speed control helps spread heat evenly throughout the home, the rheostat controls the blower speed
- Removable baffle and secondary air plenum allow flue cleaning without moving the insert
- Sealed convective air chamber allows better air flow and improved heating performance
- Easy access to blower for cleaning
- Easy access to draft test port
- 2 position flue collar for installation flexibility
- Depth adjusting surrounds for unit to fit more fireplaces
- Leveling legs to adjust after installation in the fireplace
- Color Choices
- Mantle Heat Shield reduces clearance requirements allowing more placement options
- Screen for open-door fire viewing and listening
- Surrounds caps to fill for raised firebox installations or simply to beautify
- Aluminum Surround extension (36”H X 59”W)
|Specifications||Clydesdale 8491 Wood Insert|
|Heats up to||2,000 sq. ft.|
|Burn Time||Up to 10 hours|
|Heat Life||Up to 12 hours|
|EPA Rating||3.2 grams per hour|
|Width (without surround)||31-1/2"|
|Depth (includes ash lip)||24-1/2"|
|Depth (minimum behind surround)||12-3/4"|
|Maximum Log Length||22"|
|Firebox Capacity||2.4 cubic feet|
|Flue Exit & Diameter||Vertical, or 30 degree rear, 6" flue collar|
|Convection Blower||Factory Installed, Standard|
|Actual Weight (lbs.)||490|
|Minimum fireplace dimensions|
|Width at Front||32-1/2"|
|Width at Rear||27"|
|Height at Front||23-3/4"|
|Height at Rear||21"|
|Clearances (Combustible Surface)|
|Top of Insert to Mantle or Top Trim||27"|
|Top of Insert to Mantle with Shield Kit||11"|
|Side of Insert to Side Wall||12"|
|Side of Insert to Side Trim||9"|
|Minimum Size (US)||38-1/4" W x 18 " D|
|Minimum Size (Canada)||100 cm x 46 cm|
HearthStone Clydesdale Wood Insert Shown in Black
|Clydesdale - Matte Black||$3,699.00|
|Clydesdale - Brown Enamel||$4,099.00|
|Surround Base Cap Set - Matte Black||$79.00|
|Surround Base Cap Set - Brown Enamel||$109.00|
|Surround Extension 59" x 36"||$279.00|
This product qualifies for free residential delivery with lift gate service within the lower 48 states. A large freight truck (18-wheeler up to 60' long) is standard on all deliveries. If you need a smaller truck, please call our office (406) 300-1776 to request a smaller truck size. Note: an upcharge may apply for small trucks.
A large freight truck (18-wheeler up to 60' long) is standard on all deliveries. If you need a smaller truck, please call our office (406) 300-1776 to request a smaller truck size. Note: an upcharge may apply for small trucks.
Please inquire with our sales staff if you have specific shipping needs such as international, freight terminal and/or business deliveries or if you need a smaller truck size. Click here to see Obadiah's Shipping Terms.
- Obadiah's offer's a 20% discount and free shipping on most complete chimney systems. Contact our chimney specialists for an exact quote.
Be sure to check out our newly improved Cookstove Community website cookstoves.net; the best place online to connect with other cookstove users over stoves, self-sufficient living, alternative energy, and more! Take a look at our selection of videos, articles, and photos, and be sure to visit the forums to connect with like-minded folks from all over.
For help choosing and installing a wood boiler, see the links and posts below.
Chimney Liner Installation - Chimneys 101
Chimney Liner Installation Part I - Preparing the Liner
Chimney Liner Installation Part 2 - Inserting the Liner
Chimney Liner Installation Part 3 - Connecting the Liner & Damper Insulation
Chimney Liner Installation Part 4 - Final Touches