Fire Chief Model 1500 EPA Certified Wood Burning Indoor Furnace by HY-C - Discontinued
The Fire Chief Model 1500 brings clean burning technology with longer burn times than ever in an EPA Certified Forced Air Indoor Wood Burning Furnace.
Burning with wood is a smart fuel choice. Wood is sustainable, renewable, and cost effective!
- Photos (10)
- Extended Info
- Videos (5)
- Add Review
THIS PRODUCT HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED, THIS PAGE IS UP FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY
The feature-loaded EPA Certified Fire Chief FC1500 Wood Burning Indoor Furnace delivers consistent, balanced heat for larger residences. This unit provides longer burn times and distributes more heat than pre-EPA approved furnaces. Its temperature-controlled draft blower and self-regulating secondary air control system allow for long, consistent burn times that do not require supervision. Fire Chief’s use of the industry’s strongest high capacity, 3-speed adjustable draft blower promises reliable distribution and whole-home circulation of heat. The FC1500 dependably heats up to 3,000 sq. ft. with its Clean Burn Technology. Featuring a 3.6 cu. ft. firebox, the FC1500 accepts 20” logs and distributes 90,000 BTUs of heat (average rating). This Fire Chief furnace is equipped with a 360° cast-iron roller grate system and stainless-steel ash pan guaranteeing simple maintenance and high-efficiency furnace operation. The FC1500 rear-mounted draft blower and side-mounted electrical enclosure streamline the quality design of this model. Enjoy its easy access drop-in filter which keeps the blower clean and also maximizes clean air distribution. Manufactured for over 40 years in St. Louis, Missouri, the FC1500 proudly displays its MADE IN THE USA on every label.
Production of the Fire Chief line of products has been in place with solid engineering and design for 70 years with reliable performance.
Their limited lifetime warranty is backed by that longevity, and their manufacturing excellence using heavy-gauge steel and other high-quality components will bring you the comfort that a top-quality Made in the USA Forced Air Indoor EPA Certified Wood Furnace is heating your home.
- Recommended Heating Area 1,000 - 2,000 sq. ft.
- EPA Certified for 2017 regulations
- Whole-Home Heating Solution
- Extended Burn Time [Up to 10 Hours] with Clean Burn Technology
- 3.6 cu. ft. Firebox
- Stainless Steel Lined Firebox
- Accepts 20” Logs
- Maximum BTU Input 310,000
- Maximum 210,000 BTUs/hr Output
- Digital Thermostat w/ 50cfm Draft Blower
- 185°F Distribution Air Temperature @ Duct Exit
- Tested Emissions: 0.37 lbs./MMBtu
- High Capacity, 3-Speed Adjustable, 1800 CFM Blower
- 360° Cast Iron Roller Grate System with Easy Ash Removal
- Pre-Wired Electrical Components
- Powder Coated Finish
- Integrated Legs Providing Raised Base and Floor Clearance
- Weight: 575 lbs.
- Overall Installed Dimensions: W: 25 ¾” D: 44 ½” H: 52 ½”
- Low Clearance to Combustibles: Side: 6” Back: 12”
- Standard 6” Chimney Connection
- Standard 8” Air Duct Connections
- Fire Chief Furnace Installation Video
- Limited Lifetime Firebox and Grate Warranty, 2-Year Distribution Blower Warranty, 1-Year Electrical Components Warranty
- Made in the USA
|EPA Indoor Wood Furnace||FC1500|
|Heat Area||1000-2500 sq. ft.|
|Burn Time||10 hr.|
|Usable Firebox Dimensions||21.5"L x 16.5"W x 16"H|
|EPA Firebox Volume||3.6 cu. ft.|
|Maximum Heat Output||210,000 BTUs|
|Blower||3-Speed / 1800 CFM Blower|
|Chimney Connection Diameter||6"|
|Air Duct Connection Diameter||8"|
|Overall Installed Dimensions||44.5"D x 25.75"W x 52.5"H|
|Approvals||EPA Certified 2017|
|Height to Flue Collar||44"|
|Clearance to Combustibles||Side 6", Back 12"|
|Distribution Air Temp (at Duct Exit)||185 Degree F.|
Be sure to check out our newly improved Cookstove Community website cookstoves.net; the best place online to connect with other cookstove users over stoves, self-sufficient living, alternative energy, and more! Take a look at our selection of videos, articles, and photos, and be sure to visit the forums to connect with like-minded folks from all over.
For help choosing and installing a wood boiler, see the links and posts below.
Fire Chief Overview
Obadiah’s: Fire Chief EPA Wood Furnaces - First Burn
Obadiah’s: Fire Chief EPA Wood Furnaces - Inside the Furnace
Obadiah’s: Fire Chief EPA Wood Furnaces - Overview
Fire Chief Installation