Elmira Fireview 1842-G 48” Wood Cookstove Gas Range
The Elmira Fireview wood burning and gas combo cookstoves is one-of-a-kind available to the US and Canadian markets today. Elmira's ingenuitive engineering doesn't lack style, it comes loaded with many high-end functional and performance features. As a bonus, you can customize your Fireview with several decorative and functional options to suit your personal needs and styling preferences. The Secondary Air Supply makes the Fireview a Highly Efficient and stylish that keeps an overnight fire with an 18" log, and produces a warm 60,000 BTU's.
Interested in using this stove to heat Domestic Hot Water? Check out the Vaughn Range Boiler for more information on setting up a Domestic Hot Water system.
- Photos (21)
- Videos (9)
- Add Review
If you are a seasoned wood baker, or new to the wood cookstove community, you will love the Spacious 3.0 cu. ft. Oven. Fitting a Large Turkey is no worries when Thanksgiving rolls around. Overall, most customers want the convenience of Glass Fireview Door for Enjoyment and Fire Control, which is what the Fireview provides.
Wood Cookstoves with Optional Gas Side Burners are hard to find in the US, but are readily available in Europe. The Fireview provides an optional 11,000 BTU Gas Side Burner, for convenience cooking.
Optional Water Jacket for Domestic Hot Water heating, allows you to heat, cook, and provide hot water for your home, that's Efficiency savings!
Customize Your Elmira Fireview!
- The Fireview viewing window not only allows you to enjoy the fire; you can also monitor the fire so you know when to add wood or adjust the controls. Behind the fire door is a large 1.6 cubic foot firebox that accepts up to 18″ logs and can be loaded from the front or top.
- The deep three-cubic-foot oven easily accommodates a full-size roasting pan.
- The 1.7 cubic foot overhead warmer is handy for keeping dishes warm while you’re waiting for those last few items to cook, heating plates, bread, pies or, like in the old days, drying out a pair of children’s mittens
- Side Warmer (Standard on 48″ Models. All 48″ models feature an additional 2.0 cubic foot side warmer for additional capacity and flexibility (the side warmer typically runs about 50⁰ F cooler than the overhead warmer).
There are three Fireview models to choose from: 36″ all-woodburning; 48″ all-woodburning with right-side warmer and work surface; or 48″ dual fuel (woodburning & gas) with right-side warmer and two side gas burners. Choose the model that suits your needs and available space.
- 36″ Model 1840 wood-burning, shown with optional Nickel Victorian Trivet, Nickel front legs and Nickel skirt. Click here to view model
- 48″ Model 1842-0 wood-burning in Black / Bisque combination shown with optional Nickel Victorian Trivet. Click here to view model
- 48″ Model 1842-G Dual Fuel (wood / gas) shown with no options.
- Nickel Legs
Nickel front legs provide an attractive accent to your stove. (If the back of your stove will be visible, you can also order your stove with Nickel back legs.)
- Nickel Skirts
The skirt is the decorative “apron” that runs between the legs. For a more ornate look, dress your stove up with a Nickel front skirt, or front and side skirts.
- Nickel Victorian Trivet
Cast from an authentic circa 1880 pattern, then plated in Nickel. The trivet looks spectacular when combined with matching legs and / or skirt.
- Water Jacket
Optional water jackets replace the corresponding fire brick and supply hot water to your household water system. The side jacket approximately 10 gallons per hour. (Fittings, pipes, etc. not supplied.)
|Specifications||Elmira Fireview model 1842-G Wood Cookstove|
|Cookstove Dimensions||49-1/2" W x 67-1/4"H x 36-5/8" (w/flue boot) (28-1/2" w/o flue boot)|
|Carry Weight||(no doors, plates, brick, grate, cabinet, etc.) 165 lbs|
|Oven Dimensions||18-1/4" W x 11-1/2" H x 24-3/8" D|
|Oven Capacity||3.0 cu. ft.|
|Firebox Dimensions||9-1/4" W x 13-1/2" H x 22" D|
|Firebox Capacity||1.6 cu. ft.|
|Secondary Outside Air||Yes|
|OIutside Air Connection||No|
|Heat Output||30,000 to 60,000 BTU / Hr.|
The thermal insulating layer must have an R-value of 0.60 or greater. (See manual for details on calculating R-value.)
Shipping is additional. For a shipping quote or to place your order, please call or email our office with the preferred model, accessories, and postal code and one of our sales consultants will return your inquiry during our regular business hours. We do our best to coordinate the lowest shipping available based on your delivery needs. Click here to see Obadiah's Shipping Terms.
Stove Delivery and What To Look For
Wood Stoves with Domestic Hot Water View Review
Elmira Fireview Wood / Gas Combo Cook Stove Product Review
Elmira Fireview Wood Cookstove - Burning the Stove
Elmira Fireview Wood Cookstove - Baking with the Stove
Elmira Fireview Wood Cook Stove Technical Review
Elmira Fireview Wood Cookstove - Cooking with the Stove
Wood Cook Stove Comparison: Elmira Fireview Vs. J.A. Roby Chief
Elmira Fireview Wood Cook Stove - Temperature Readings