Esse Ironheart Cookstove
The Esse Ironheart is a traditional steel and cast iron wood cook stove from England. This stove will gently warm your kitchen, as well as providing the capacity to bake and cook your family feasts! While most cook stoves hide the fire, the Esse cooker provides a glass window to view the flames and offer a cozy ambiance to your room.
Check out the tabs below for useful information, photos, videos and more!
- Photos (9)
- Videos (13)
- Reviews (1)
- Add Review
The Esse Ironheart wood cook stove is pricier than most cookstoves on the market but when you understand the difference in the way it's built you'll understand the reason. Europeans value quality cooking appliances and openly design them with generations of use and durability in mind. The ovens design offers gentle and indirect heat that won't dry out your food. Pizzas, for example, will be piping hot and evenly cooked from edge to center while toppings remain moist and the bottom is baked to perfection. Cooking temperature can be reached in approximately 60 minutes from cold start. The firebox is spacaously designed to accommodate 18" wood lengthwise. By using larger wood, you can avoid restoking the stove while baking and struggling to regulate the changing temperature.
- Cast-iron and ceramic glass flame view door
- Cast-iron cook top and oven, ash and flue access doors
- Bottom and rear heat shields
- Fire brick lined firebox
- Stainless baffle
- Oven temperature gauge
- Wire shelf and oven tray
- Spacious firebox
- Firebox grate and generous ash pan for easy ash removal
- Two textured satin steel hotplate covers
- Graphite finished cooking surfaces
- Two dog-bone hotplates
- Designated heat zones for easy "pan slide" operation from simmer, to slow boil, to boil
- Air-wash control lever to regulate the fire while keeping the glass clean
- Large oven with vented extraction so cooking odors disappear up the flue
- Simple push/pull action control lever to regulate oven temperatures
- Anthracite finish (dark charcoal)
- Operating tool
- EPA Exempt (learn more here)
- Washington State Approved (learn more here)
- Black enamel top
- Extended wood box for firebox (for longer burn time)
- Color options in black, earth or green (special order)
- Warming oven & backsplash
- Stainless steel polished lids (brushed steel lids are standard)
- Steel or glass water boiler capable of running a single radiator and providing domestic hot water (depending on your needs)
At Obadiah's we feel knowledge is power! Please check out our videos on the tab above for info on everything from how to clean your Esse Ironheart to starting a fire. Can't find the answers for your questions? Call or email us and speak to our knowledgeable staff with 50+ years of combined wood-burning experience!
|Overall Dimensions||35.5" W x 35.43" H x 24" D|
|Oven Dimensions||13" W x 13" H x 17" D|
|Firebox Dimenisions||10" W x 13" H x 19" D|
|Heat Output||Up to 20,800 BTU/h|
|Maximum Log Length||18"|
|Fuel Consumption||4lbs. Seasoned wood an hour|
|Clearances||To Combustibles||To Non-Combustibles|
|Esse Wood Cooker||$6,096|
|Optional Steel Boiler*||$780|
|Extended Wood Box for Firebox (for longer burn time)**||$221|
|Black Enamel Top||$256|
|Stainless Steel Polished Lids (Brushed Steel Lids are standard)||$256|
|Color Options (Black, Earth and Green) via Special Order||$170|
|Warming Oven & Back Splash||$800|
Shipping is additional. For a shipping quote or to place your order please call or email our office with the preferred model, accessories and your postal code and one of our sales consultants will return your inquiry during our business hours. We do our best to coordinate the lowest shipping available based on your delivery needs. Click here to see Obadiah's Shipping Terms.
The Ironheart is available in four colors, Anthracite (dark charcoal), Black, Green, Earth (green/earth special order). Color stocked is Anthracite or Black with black porcelain top. Other colors are special order. Some options are special order and could take 2 - 4 months for delivery, so order early to avoid disappointment!
Note: Stainless Steel Polished Lids must be ordered with the Black Enamel Top.
* Optional Steel Boiler is factory fitted 4.7kW (16,046 BTU) boiler capable of running hot water & 1.2 600mm x 1000mm radiators (double, single finned). This is not recommended for domestic hot water or radiant in floor heat.
**This design is best for multifuel burning. However, for improved efficiency if you will be burning logs only, you can order a Extended Wood Box which replaces the grate and ash pan with a solid, deeper firebox that allows a bed of ashes to build up.
The Esse Ironheart Wood Cookstove - Review
The Esse Ironheart - Domestic Water
The Esse Ironheart - The Construction
The Esse Ironheart - Cleaning
The Esse Ironheart - The Firebox and Fire Starting Tips
Obadiah’s: The Esse Ironheart - The Hob
Obadiah’s: The Esse Ironheart - Extended Woodbox and Burn Times
Obadiah’s: The Esse Ironheart - Draw Collar Draft Inducer
Obadiah’s: The Esse Ironheart - Replacing Hinges and Latches
Obadiah’s: Moving an Esse Ironheart with an Escalera
Obadiah’s: The Esse Ironheart - The Controls
Don’t use water to put out a grease fire!
Pouring Water on an Oil Fire
I can't say thank you enough for your help with the stove and your guidance in constructing the alcove for it, Woody. I will be recommending Obadiah's Woodstoves to others.