Vermont Castings Montpelier Insert - Discontinued
This product has been discontinued as it does not meet 2020 EPA Emission Standards. This page exists for informational purposes only.
The Montpelier wood insert from Vermont Castings is an economical, highly efficient, environmentally friendly way to bring heat and comfort to your home. This is a wood stove that fits into your fireplace and offers hours of clean heat.
- Photos (13)
- Videos (5)
- Add Review
Including an incredible array of features and benefits, the Montpelier is EPA certified to be among the cleanest burning wood inserts available. The firebox, front, and door are made from the finest cast iron materials in the Vermont foundry and is able to provide even heat for up to ten hours. The Montpelier also includes a quiet, high volume, variable speed fan that creates greater heat circulation in your home than most traditional wood inserts. A removable baffle enables easy cleaning and rear wheels make installation simple.
- 280 sq. in. viewing area – 60% larger than our competition in the same class
- Firebox (gasketed construction), front, and door constructed of the best material for wood-heating quality cast iron from our Vermont foundry
- 6” flue collar is detachable, secured from outside or inside the firebox, and adjustable for vertical or 30 degree offset.
- Firebrick lined and removable baffle
- Outside combustion air
- Adjustable faceplate
- Self cleaning glass door
- Provides more heat, uses less wood
- Georgian Cast Surround - Comes in Majolica Brown and Classic Black covers 30.25” H x 41” W
- Mead Cast Surround - Classic Black and Majolica Brown covers 281/4” H x 40 11/16” W
- Caprice Cast Adjustable Profile Surround - with Adjustable Bevel Steel Surround comes in Classic Black and covers 25” H x 35” W
- Steel Surrounds - Small 4.5” – offered in Classic Black covers 27” H x 38.25” W - Large 6” – Classic Black covers 28.25” H x 41” W
- Extended Trim Plate (not pictured) To be used behind surrounds for larger openings (not for use with Caprice) 32 3/8” H x 49” W
- 3″ Projection Kit - reduces required fireplace depth by 3″ with cast sides and top panels
- Choice of Classic Black or enamel Majolica Brown
|Specifications||Vermont Castings Montpelier|
|Max output- seasoned cord wood||58,000 BTU/hr|
|Exhaust pipe diameter||6"|
|Type of door||Ceramic Glass|
|Exterior Dimensions||30.5"W x 22.25"H x 17.25"D|
|Approx. Heating Area (Sq. ft.)||1,500|
|Test Standard-safety||ULC S-627/ UL 1482|
|Min Fireplace Opening||27"(front width) x 21.5"H x 17.5"D x 22.5" (rear width)|
|Firebox Dimensions||18"W x 15"D x 12"H|
|Max Log Lenght||22"|
|Glass Surface||280 sq in.|
Clearances and Minimums
Please call or email for information regarding Vermont Castings products. Please specify the model you are interested in and your zip code.
Chimney Liner Installation - Chimneys 101
Chimney Liner Installation Part I - Preparing the Liner
Chimney Liner Installation Part 2 - Inserting the Liner
Chimney Liner Installation Part 3 - Connecting the Liner & Damper Insulation
Chimney Liner Installation Part 4 - Final Touches