Vermont Castings Merrimack Insert - Discontinued
This product has been discontinued as it does not meet 2020 EPA Emission Standards. This page exists for informational purposes only.
Offering an incredible array of features and benefits, the EPA certified Merrimack ranks among the cleanest burning wood inserts available. Find that the warmest seasons of the year are the ones you spend gathered together when you bring this piece of heritage home today.
- Photos (10)
- Videos (5)
- Add Review
By creating the Merrimack wood burning fireplace insert, we’ve woven together a wood burning heritage with contemporary concerns for the environment that doesn't lose the dignified look of a full fireplace. Adding the warmth of wood fire and the classic beauty of forged cast iron to your most important gathering place, the Merrimack insert turns a simple wood fireplace into a high efficiency centerpiece.
- 350 sq. in. viewing area — 60% larger than our competition in the same class
- Firebox (gasketed construction), front, and door constructed of the best material for wood-heating; quality cast iron from our Vermont foundry
- 6” flue collar is detachable, secured from outside or inside the firebox, and adjustable for vertical or 30 degree offset
- Quiet, high-volume heat-activated variable speed circulation fan included (power cord can be directed to either side, easily cleaned and serviced from the front of the insert, improves circulation of the room but is not required to provide heat)
- Burn time up to 12 hours
- Log length: 20”to 22”
- No power necessary — stay warm during power outages
- Rear wheels ease installation
- Easily removable internal baffle for chimney cleaning
- Full refractory lining
- Cast Iron Wood Box
- Safety Screen
Optional Face Kits (one required):
- Northfield Cast Iron Surround (NORCSCB) available in Classic Black for a more traditional hearth look.
- Exeter Steel Surround (EXSSCB) available in Classic Black for a clean, contemporary finish
|Specifications||Vermont Castings Merrimack|
|BTU/HR||Up to 56,000 BTUs/hr|
|Viewing Area||330 sq. in.|
|Emission (Grams/Hr)||3.6 gr|
|Max Burn Time||12 hr.|
|Approx. Heating Area (Sq. ft.)||1,400 - 2,800|
|Appliance Dimensions||31.5" W x 26.31"H x 25.38" D|
|Min Fireplace Dimensions||29.75"(front width) x 23.75"H x 18.5"Dx 25" (rear width)|
|Log Size||up to 22" north load/up to 17"south load|
Clearances and Minimums
Please call or email for information regarding Vermont Castings products. Please specify the model you are interested in and your zip code.
Chimney Liner Installation - Chimneys 101
Chimney Liner Installation Part I - Preparing the Liner
Chimney Liner Installation Part 2 - Inserting the Liner
Chimney Liner Installation Part 3 - Connecting the Liner & Damper Insulation
Chimney Liner Installation Part 4 - Final Touches